Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks

Thought it was time to write another post. I'm not as good as Angela with coming up with stuff to write about. And when I do its kind of boring and serious. ;) So when I was deciding what to write about today... I came up with something boring and serious. HA! Surprise, surprise. I guess the first thing that popped in to my head was Thanksgiving. Its this week, things are starting to get crazy. I've already started running around with preparations for service projects, work travel, last-minute parties, etc...so maybe I wont get a chance to pause and reflect until after Thursday...so why not do it on here?

I do not have a perfect life. There are things about me I dislike, things about my situation I dislike, but there is (Thank God) a big part of me that must be too lazy to complain, because I've never been the type of person to see the glass half empty. I thank God for:

1) My Life - What a crazy ride it is sometimes, but my goodness I'm blessed. More so than most it seems. When I look at other parts of the world and see what I have that they can only dream of...it's really mind-boggling how much I take stuff for granted. Thank you God, for enough Grace to provide for me abundantly regardless of my faults and disobedience.

2) My Family - No matter how far away we move from each other, each one would be at my side in an instant if needed. They are my rock, the foundation that made me into the man I've become today. (for better or worse ha ha) My parents are two of the most wonderful people on this planet...If I become a fraction of the quality parents they were, my kids are going to be alright.

3) My Friends - After growing up and separating from the parentals a bit, these people are my family. No friendship is perfect and I have grown apart from some and grown closer to others, but its nice to know there are people in this world who care about me enough to share their lives with me. I would die for these people.

=> Rich - Ever have one of those people who you just KNEW was meant to be in your life? Like almost every time they speak you can hear God's approving nod behind it? (Of course not when they're saying your momma jokes or that's what she said jokes?)Rich is the type of guy who I've never doubted his intentions with me, who's shared so much of his personal struggles and life with me that you have no doubt he is one of the most sincere persons out there. I love this guy, not because he does things for me, or makes me feel good as a friend...but because he pushes me to be a better man constantly. Almost as if he sees something in me that he's trying to get me to be. That's being Christ to me. And that's friendship. I wish I was better at being that to him.

=> Rich/Stacy - My favorite couple ever. Proof that for every Rich, there is a Stacy to balance him out. (you have to know them to understand this statement)A sweeter, kinder, more caring girl would be difficult to find. She is an amazing person, and the perfect mate to my best friend.

=> Jennifer - I flat out need this girl in my life and can't say enough. God put her there for a million different reasons that I'm still discovering today. She is the type of person that everybody loves, not because of the reasons she thinks, but because they see in her what I see: a kind, loving woman who cares about others in an amazing way. We make a good team and work well together in every ministry we're involved in. That alone would make her one of my best friends. But she's smart, unbelievably funny and has more common sense in her split thumb nail, than in all of me. I can use no better analogy than my horrible sense of direction. I can't drive from point A to point B without getting lost. I need Jenn to help me navigate. I love this girl, and would be a different person today without her.

=> Many others - So many people I can call true friends its really overwhelming. From best friends in Arkansas and Austin, Tennessee and Latvia. I am thankful for them all.

4)My Church - What a struggle, what a blessing. And as Randy would say: What a Chihuahua. A difficult place to serve no doubt, but full of some incredible Christians and wonderful people. These people are determined to do God's work. Determined to find Him in everything they do. They are a wonderful example to us younger folks, and it has been humbling to serve along side them.

So Not to make this too long, but I am a grateful guy this morning, as I look around and see who God has surrounded me with and what he has provided me with, it's really humbling and inspiring. Thanks Jesus. For literally EVERYTHING.

No comments: