My favorite pastor recently wrote on his blog an important list: I should preface this with saying one of my favorite sayings explaining Christianity comes from Matt Chandler:
"Find the things in life that stir your affections for Christ and saturate your life with them, and find the things that rob you of your affection for Christ and run away from them. That is the Christian life as easily as I can explain it."
So with that in mind, I print my list:
Things that stir my affection for Christ:
1) Preparing a Bible Study or Sermon (A constant reminder that God can do anything)
2) Deep conversations with Rich (Dreaming about what Christ can do through us)
3) Road trips with Jenn and 4-hour conversations
4) The youth group at my Church
5) Listening to Sermon Podcasts
6) Pouring my thoughts into a Journal
7) Latvia
Things that Rob me of my affection:
1) Too much computer
2) Too much cell phone
3) Aggie Football
4) Being lazy
5) My never ending Pride
6) My need to belong
It's funny how one thing or another can find itself in one list one day and in another list the next. A delicate balance between how much attention is directed towards Christ and how much is directed towards you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
THANK YOU. I had no idea Matt had a blog now!
Post a Comment