So I'm heading to Kenya. I can't believe I actually just typed that because I am so stinking excited/scared. I was presented with the idea through an innocent email a few months ago and now its starting to take shape in the form of a trip in March. I desperately need prayer. There are times when you feel God tugging and times when you feel him yanking at your heart. He practically dragged me to Latvia and I left a piece of my heart over there. So what is God doing? A guy who has never even remotely considered being a missionary is taking 3 overseas trips in two years? Only God can be responsible. And only God can be in control of this, because I'd be perfectly content to sit here and never leave Texas if it were up to me. But he has opened my heart for the World and given me a strong desire to preach anywhere he wants me to. So for the few of you that read this: Please pray for me. Pray for my team, which includes my very good friend Jennifer who is also struggling with a call to ministry. Please pray for the people of Kenya and the spreading of the Gospel worldwide.
3 comments:
I see Tanzania on the map... I have kids from there!
I will definitely pray for you. I am inspired by your obedience.
Ha! Thanks... but don't be inspired, mine is more of a Jonah story...is getting the crud beat out of you by God inspiring? ha ha.
So excited to hear about your experiences with those kids... its really does sound like a good job for you. Challenging, but rewarding. I am praying for you as well.
Thanks! We'll see how it goes!
And yes, it's inspiring. If it weren't, about 98% of the people in the Bible wouldn't be there.
So, my captcha says "mandacks." I don't know what exactly those are, but the possibilities are endless.
Post a Comment