Monday, February 9, 2009

It's been a while...

I am surprised I went so long without updating this thing...I really enjoy writing it even though only a few people read it. Truth be told its more for me than anything else: So This post is a prayer list. There are a lot of things that are going to happen this year that will change my life and I really need God to be in control of it. For that to happen, Carlos needs to get out of the way.

1) Kenya - March 13th-22nd. God has been amazing in making this trip happen for me. Providing funds, providing a good team, and giving us a purposeful mission that will open the doors for a continued relationship with our Church and Africa. Not only will this trip challenge me spiritually, but its time to find out if this is God's calling for me. I am exceedingly glad to be sharing this trip with one of my best friends: Jennifer. Her crazy cool administration skills have already made planning this trip a breeze.

2) Seminary - Still thinking about starting this fall, though funds will be the #1 factor as well as job constraints. This needs a lot of prayer for me. I am just not sure about this.

3) Latvia - ANOTHER mission trip. This time its two weeks and that is two weeks more than I have time to take off of work. This is weighing heavy on my mind as I am very willing to give up my job if I have to in order to take this trip. I can't tell if that's brave or flat out foolish. Faithfulness, or stupidity? Need prayer.

4) The growth of Carlos. Well, this blog IS about me after all. God is doing so much in my growth and this year will be full of self-examination. I thank God for the people he has surrounded me with, and pray for his continued sanctification

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you posting again! Those are definitely serious issues that require much time before God. Praying for you right now...