Monday, March 3, 2008

Humble Pie

I've never written a blog, and seeing that a lot of my friends have one of these, well I coulnd't resist. My title "Only the Lowly" comes from a concept drawn from the pages of the Bible. Jesus came to Earth and surrounded himself with the rejects of the world. Not the powerful, highly religious folks many would have expected him to. Matt Chandler refers to this lot as the "Whos Who of Who in world is that??" Such an amazing and difficult concept for someone who is holding on to his pride like it was my life. The Psalmist states:

Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar. -Psalm 138:6

In all that I am, I find this to be the hardest: That God knows me better than I know myself. I'm a fighter. I don't look or act like one, but my life is strewn with battle scars. There's a funny things about life's battles: many times when we look back we don't remember why we starting figting in the first place. Some battles are necessary (as I am quickly finding out), some are pointless, many are not even ours. What God teaches me through the fight, is that he's a much better warrior than I could ever be.

2 comments:

AML said...

Amen! Beautifully said, Los. Looking forward to more posts soon.

Gabe said...

welcome to the wonder ful world of blogging