Ok Angela, I'll play along. Though you're getting dangerously close to this being a chain-blog. If you ever post something like "Send this to five people or you will die tomorrow" We're no longer friends. ;-) In response to Angela's post of 5 things that blogging has affected her, I present the 5 ways it has affected me:
1. A unique alternative. Blogging has given me a healthier outlet for my free time that could otherwise be used wasting time in front of a tv, or sleeping out of boredom, or other non-constructive stuff.
2. My thoughts. I'm a thinker, no doubt about it. Blogging has given me a chance to actually put down in words what is in my head. Like my friend Amanda always said to me, "Writing it down makes it real." This is a way to bring into focus some things about me that need focusing. I wish I could say I write this for other people, but my blog is for me mostly. I love that a handful of my friends read it regularly, it helps them to know where my heart is, but this is really an exercise in Carlos being real with himself and God.
3. Friends. It's been really cool reading other people's blogs. Angela and her fear of bad teeth whil in a coma, Gabe and what God is doing in his life, and Xbox...it's all been entertaining and helps me see sides of my friends that don't necessarily come out in day-to-day conversations.
4. Realization that I spend way too much time on a computer. My work requires this sometimes, but not in this way to say the least. I find myself doing this when I should be doing my job. Let's be honest:Not good.
5. I'm going to ignore the question and instead discuss taxes. (kidding...sorry Palin)
Gabe, you're it!
Here are the rules.
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you.
3. Link back to L.L. Barkat who created the meme. (He is not so much interested in generating links, but rather in tracking the meme so she can perhaps do a summary post later on that looks at patterns and interesting discoveries.)
4. Tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. Post these rules — or just have fun breaking them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Three things.
1. This is nothing like a chain letter. This has deep meaning.
2. I like Amanda's saying. I'm going to start saying it, too.
3. What the flip? All you remember about my blog is the teeth thing? Thanks. :P
Oh c'mon I'm like one of your regular readers... I just thought the teeth thing was funny ;p
haha :)
BTW - ;p is a hard thing to do. Try it. My tongue automatically skews toward the side with the closed eye. It's freaky.
dang... I read wednesday, but haven't checked again until now.
I'll get on this, probably will have something by tues or wed
Post a Comment