This blog always makes me want to write. I don't pretend to be exceptionally good at it or anything, as a matter of fact I've found myself losing my vocabulary lately. Probably a symptom of old age in my 29 years of life. I've said it before: I'm a thinker. Which basically means that I get lost in my head for more hours a day than I care to admit. Work consumes me sometimes to the point that I come out of a trance 8 hours later to realize the day is gone. (I am on my computer a lot to combat what I refer to as "The Zone") The Zone is not a bad thing especially when the biggest complaint my boss gave me on my 1-yr evaluation, was that I was too productive and did things too fast...wishing I would slow down to fill out my days more. So I do my job. I do it well. (As well as I can at least) But I got to thinking how all that thinking affects me: So one of my biggest struggles is to combat the complexity that is my mind and my heart, with the simplicity that I think God calls me to. And I feel I need to be specific here: Simplicity in a way that comes from knowing that how everything I am and have comes from God. Simplicity in a way that reminds me every morning to be grateful for every breath. Simplicity that reminds me that God desires me to be a Godly man, a man after Him. Simplicity that reminds me to be a man of my word:
Matthew 5:36-37: And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one
So my quest continues to be the least complicated guy I can be. That may sound boring to some people, but I desire to be the type of guy who keeps his word, is faithful in life and in spirit, and consistently looks out for the good of other people. Sounds simple, right? Well, its not. I am at war with myself. I take everything that God has given me as a gift and corrupt it. God made me likable, I become arrogant. God gave me a strange ability to be good at EVERYTHING, I build myself up to those around me. God made me funny, I use it to my glory, not His. God made me a thinker, and I over analyze everything... yes that includes what I write in this blog. "Writing it down makes it real" I still think of that every time I do an entry. God is shaping me, I can literally feel it. Its painful and uncomfortable, but I am ultimately His.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment