Howdy folks! I'm back! So sorry I couldn't update whilst in Kenya, but as you will read in my updates: there was barely electricity where I was, much less a computer with which to update. So I will be putting up and update or two taking you through the days we were there so you can share our experiences. If this sounds too Journalish, just pretend its more bloggish.
Day one: 8 hour flight to Amsterdam. Tried to sleep, but was very uncomfortable (I'm kind of a big guy and planes are not my friend) I was assigned a middle seat and the guy on the aisle was a rude frenchmen: Cue the first funny phrase of the trip: "No I cannot do this, eet is impossible" in a french accent. So I switched with someone from my team and sat in the aisle. Jennifer and I spent an hour hanging out in the back of the plane with a glass of wine. Very fun to not have to sit in that chair for a while. Good conversation.
Got to Nairobi around 8:00pm. Loaded our stuff onto a van and headed to our guesthouse. "This isn't so bad" I thought: My own room, some Kenyan tea, a TV... End of Day one.
Stay tune for our next update: Ilmamen. This time we're in the bush.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment