Our last day was greeted with a cool morning. The temperatures there were pretty amazing considering they were in a drought. The days got only as high as about 80 degrees, and the nights were cool and breezy. Very comfortable.
So we packed up our things, and headed to our last sessions. We would not be visiting a school that afternoon, but instead heading back to Nairobi after lunch. I was done. I had no more sessions to teach, so I headed to the women's conference to hear Jenn teach her last session and to hear Tommy preach (which I heard he was very good at!) So I hung out with Tabita and Jenn and one of the women handed me a cell phone. (yes, for some odd reason in the flats of Kenya, with no cell phone towers for miles.... we had cell phone coverage) No bathrooms, running water, or electricity, but we all had full bars on our phones. Go figure. So anyway, Tommy had called one of the organizers. He had been booked for two sessions at the same time and we hadn't noticed. So I was on again. Teaching the same biblical exposition session I had taught the youth. Talk about being at the right place at the right time!
So we said our goodbyes, the women danced for us. It was a great celebration. We were saddened to leave Ilmamen, but grateful for the experiences. We headed back to Nairobi, a 3 hour ride that took nearly 6 on the way back because of rush hour. We were seriously parked in one spot for like an hour. Wow it was bad. But we stopped by a gas station and got our first taste of carbonated drinks all week. It was awesome. The restaurant of the night was Java House, a very nice Americanized cafe that had some tasty food. Jenn, Tabita, Erica, and I played a nice game of Phase 10 in to the night. The next morning we would leave for the Maasai Mara, the largest game reserve in Kenya for a two day safari.
No comments:
Post a Comment